servo failure

Post all your questions, problems and suggestions here.

servo failure

Postby walkerwong » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:38 am

what is the problem if the servor is failure one by one. Yesterday, I have tried to fix the jitter servo13 by changing it. After I changed the servo13, the servo22 start jitter and failure in half an hour time.
walkerwong

Re: servo failure

Postby walkerwong » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:45 am

Until today I have changed 5 servos. However still cannot find out what is the problem? Would it be the board's problem? I am appreciate with any suggestion..
walkerwong

Postby roboalchemist » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:20 pm

Hi Walker,

The biggest problem to cause servo failure is improperly calibrating the legs. This causes undue stress on the servos. You can read more about how to care for your servos here:
http://arcbotics.com/lessons/servo-care/

That said, the #1 fault servos have is stripped gears - which is why we also include replacement gears with Hexy. You can learn how to replace your gears here:
http://makezine.com/projects/replacing-9g-servo-gears/
---
Joseph Schlesinger - ArcBotics Co-Founder/CTO
roboalchemist
Site Admin

Postby dh_roboticist » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:27 pm

Joe, with the replacement servos you gave me a discount for, will they last longer than the originals? You were generous to send me a bag full, but there aren't enough in the bag to fix all the servos that just grind (gears stripped). I've replaced the gears in several, but some of them appear to be frozen - meaning they won't spin at all.
I love this Hexy but it definitely needs some replacement servos, let me know if those metal gear replacements will last and I'll get them.
dh_roboticist

Postby roboalchemist » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:00 am

Yes, the metal gears last significantly longer.
---
Joseph Schlesinger - ArcBotics Co-Founder/CTO
roboalchemist
Site Admin

Return to Questions, Problems and Suggestions