ArcBotics Metal Gears and Custom Servos

Re: ArcBotics Metal Gears and Custom Servos

Postby valium » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:03 pm

Any news about the new hexy with the metal gear? Are you shipping it now?
Or do i still have to purchase the hexy and buy the upgrade gear pack?
I am looking for an easy way to get one shipped to germany.

best regards,
valium
valium

Postby roboalchemist » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:34 pm

We are not currently planning on doing a metal-gear Hexy anytime soon. You would need to purchase Hexy and then additionally purchase the metal gear upgrade. However, we would obviously provide you the corresponding discount code.
---
Joseph Schlesinger - ArcBotics Co-Founder/CTO
roboalchemist
Site Admin

Postby wildo69 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:15 pm

any update on shipping? last i was told they would be shipping mid october
the website shows 60 available and that they are shipping now.
i pre-ordered the day they were announced and have received pretty much no updates on my order, where do we stand on this.
I dropped a lot of $$ into these new servos and i can deal with delays, but the lack of communication can get a tad frustrating.

update please :)
Last edited by wildo69 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
wildo69

Postby wildo69 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:12 am

so just to provide an update for others that may be reading, i submitted a support ticket, got feedback pretty fast as to the status of my order (Thanks!!)

I received my ArcBotics branded metal servers a couple weeks back and just finished removing all the old ones and installing the new ones. Overall they seem to be doing pretty good. i have only done some basic testing with PoCoMo but i think the movement is better and i expect the durability will be a lot better.

I have no idea what the plans are for using the Analog feedback, since from what i have read the Servotor32 board doesnt have nearly enough analog inputs to actually use them all, but i am very interested to hear what plans if any ArcBotics / roboalchemist may have to integrate some or all of this into an updated firmware. Right now i just have them all wound up and and tucked away with the rest. Analog feedback is an awesome feature, i sure hope we get official support soon for it.

Anyways, overall awesome job with the servo's i will report back more after i do more testing
wildo69

Postby TooManySecrets » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:24 pm

Hey was just thinking did you maybe resigned some of the hexy parts to accommodate that pivot hole?
TooManySecrets

Postby roboalchemist » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:57 pm

They're definitely there for future products, yes. They're made to pivot on the end of an M5 screw.
---
Joseph Schlesinger - ArcBotics Co-Founder/CTO
roboalchemist
Site Admin

Previous

Return to ArcBotics Announcements