Hexy with onboard Linux

Post all your hardware and software upgrades/projects here.

Re: Hexy with onboard Linux

Postby TooManySecrets » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:31 am

Joseph if you would like to offer this at your store you can prob take a look here.
http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/linux_mini_pcs.html

Preinstaled with picuntu.
TooManySecrets

Postby klims » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:11 pm

mickkay wrote:Yes please, I need help on that. I did think of the rom flash tool from finless but it was beyond me to workit out. I look forward to your help.

I just updated the instructions in my second post of this thread to include some more details for flashing the kernel.
The Finless ROM instructions are pretty good, follow them and you should be fine.
klims

Postby mickkay » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:09 am

Thanks for those instructions. I've searched all over the web for the past 2 weeks and couldn't find anywhere to laern from. I now have flashed the oleg0 kernel and am trying to get wifi and ethernet.
mickkay

Postby relodan » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:51 am

relodan

Postby klims » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:56 pm

mickkay wrote:Thanks for those instructions. I've searched all over the web for the past 2 weeks and couldn't find anywhere to laern from. I now have flashed the oleg0 kernel and am trying to get wifi and ethernet.

Glad to be able to help. It gets very frustrating sometimes when you can't find what you are looking for even though you know its there.

relodan wrote:How about this...... Do you think it will work also?

As long as you can find a way to run Linux on it I don't see why not. The problem might be finding drivers for all the hardware, since the chip is still rk3066 the kernel should work OK.

When I was looking for my stick I found the smallest one I could with built in wifi Linux support.
klims

Previous

Return to Projects and Upgrades