Hexy with onboard Linux

Post all your hardware and software upgrades/projects here.

Re: Hexy with onboard Linux

Postby klims » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:49 am

mickkay wrote:Hello,
Could you please post your version of picuntu RC3, so I can download it?
I would be so grateful.

I seem to have lost my modified version of picuntu-RC3, but I'll post a link as soon as I can
klims

Postby mickkay » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:27 am

Oh no! Ihope you find it again, I'll be waiting and checking everyday. Thanks
mickkay

Postby klims » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:04 am

This should work. You will need to modify the /etc/networking/interfaces file to get your internal WiFi adapter connected. If you have any problems with this feel free to PM me.

You will also need to download and flash the olegk0 kernel I mentioned in one of the first posts of this thread.

Good luck!
klims

Postby roboalchemist » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:42 pm

Would people be interested in purchasing these with all this stuff and PoMoCo pre-loaded? I imagine a lot of people would like to avoid the headache. There would be very limited support, and it would have to wait until after Sparki ships, but I can literally walk down the street and buy these here in China.
---
Joseph Schlesinger - ArcBotics Co-Founder/CTO
roboalchemist
Site Admin

Postby mickkay » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:42 pm

Thanks. I am downloading now and will try it tomorrow. I did get my wifi working before with the rc2.2rfs but had trouble with the lightdm. Will an ethernet dongle work with your version?
mickkay

Postby klims » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:45 am

roboalchemist wrote:I can literally walk down the street and buy these here in China.

That must be amazing. Any idea what the going rate for a unit is?
If I had my time over again I would have bought an MK908 because support is much better and Im pretty sure there is a very easy install process now

mickkay wrote:Will an ethernet dongle work with your version?

I honestly can't remember if it worked, but it should.
klims

Postby klims » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:41 am

mickkay wrote:Thanks. I am downloading now and will try it tomorrow. I did get my wifi working before with the rc2.2rfs but had trouble with the lightdm. Will an ethernet dongle work with your version?

I have just tested the rootfs and can confirm the internal wifi modules works when used with the olekg0 kernel.
I ran the following commands to get it working

Code: Select all
sudo nano /etc/notwork/interfaces
and change the eth0 to match your nework

Code: Select all
depmod -a
to reload the modules

then reboot and you should be able to confirm it is working with the command ifconfig
klims

Re: mk808

Postby mickkay » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:15 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your helpful last post. That sounds like just what I need to do, but I can't flash the oleg0 kernel at the moment coz using the rkbatchtool 1.5 and 1.7 gives the error 'failed to download file', when i tell it, in the top field where my recovery.img is. This sounds easy but I'm stuck. I've only ever flashed the Finless 1.7 rom and the PicuntuKernelInstaller4.zip. by using their tools. How do you flash a kernel anyway?
mickkay

Postby klims » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:14 am

Sorry, I've never used the rkbatchtool to flash a kernel. I've only ever used the ROM_Flash_Tool_137 that came with the Finless 2.1 ROM. It only works under windows (not windows 8.1). I can only help you with that if you need it
klims

Postby mickkay » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:38 am

Yes please, I need help on that. I did think of the rom flash tool from finless but it was beyond me to workit out. I look forward to your help.
mickkay

PreviousNext

Return to Projects and Upgrades