Issues getting new Hexy build working

Hi there.

I’m having issues getting the PoMoCo app to communicate with the Hexy.

I’ve:
[ul][li]Installed a working version of Arduino (1.6.4 and 1.6.5 don’t work on my Mac, so I’m using 1.6.3)[/li]
[li]Made sure I’m using appropriate batteries (4 x 2300 1.2v rechargables)[/li]
[li]Plugged into the servo power port (right side, looking at the socket entrance)[/li]
[li]Updated the firmware to v2 (this successfully has compiled and uploaded via Arduino 1.6.2 software)[/li]
[li]Powering up the device the servos sound like their working (I can hear them humming in situ, but not moving)[/li]
[li]When I open the PoMoCo 1 app I receive no errors. Clicking any of the moves (e.g. “Reset” or “Set Zero”) is not having any effect on the Hexy.[/li]
[li]I’ve tried to run PoMoCo 2 BETA, but I’m getting wxPython errors, so it won’t load[/li][/ul]

I’m using Mac OS X 10.10.3 (Yosemite). Java v8 Update 45 (build 1.8.0_45-b14). Python 2.7.10. I’ve confirmed pySerial is installed.

I’m wondering if I need to setup some kind of preference to tell PoMoCo which USB port to use, or change something else to get it to communicate?

I’m also getting a weird “clicking” or “popping” sound happening intermittently from the Hexy. It sounds like something shorting, but I’ve confirmed that the power is not over the stated range (4.8V). I’ve read about a reset occurring on under-powered units, but I’m not getting any other behaviour (e.g. servos resetting etc.) to suggest this is what’s happening?

Lastly, when I open the serial monitor in Arduino, and send the C command, only 3 of the legs (the right side, looking from the rear) are centring into position. This suggests a) the unit is correctly receiving commands via the USB port (from the Arduino software at least), and b) that something is awry with the unit.

Any suggestions/pointers on any of the above appreciated.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts/ideas how to get the Hexy up and working?