miniBloq drag-and-drop Test Release

The Easy Robot for Everyone!

Re: miniBloq drag-and-drop Test Release

Postby roboalchemist » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:11 pm

Yeah, the example miniBloq made for us became out of date as they used old code. The included examples in the release will all be compatible.

@Mathew: Good call. We'll leave the driver update as an option in future installs, and publish a separate driver installer on the front page with the next round of updates.
---
Joseph Schlesinger - ArcBotics Co-Founder/CTO
roboalchemist
Site Admin

Postby brucew_o » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:12 am

This looks great!
So, not using the out of date examples, but just the blocks to create my own program - when I try to run, I get errors.

C:\Program Files (x86)\miniBloq\work\_temp/comp1/output/SparkiWire.cpp.o: In function `TwoWire::write(unsigned char const*, unsigned int)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\miniBloq/libs/Arduino/Sparki/v1.0/SparkiWire.cpp:195: undefined reference to `twi_transmit'
C:\Program Files (x86)\miniBloq\work\_temp/comp1/output/SparkiWire.cpp.o: In function `TwoWire::write(unsigned char)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\miniBloq/libs/Arduino/Sparki/v1.0/SparkiWire.cpp:177: undefined reference to `twi_transmit'
C:\Program Files (x86)\miniBloq\work\_temp/comp1/output/SparkiWire.cpp.o: In function `TwoWire::endTransmission(unsigned char)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\miniBloq/libs/Arduino/Sparki/v1.0/SparkiWire.cpp:140: undefined reference to `twi_writeTo'
C:\Program Files (x86)\miniBloq\work\_temp/comp1/output/SparkiWire.cpp.o: In function `TwoWire::requestFrom(unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\miniBloq/libs/Arduino/Sparki/v1.0/SparkiWire.cpp:85: undefined reference to `twi_readFrom'

There are errors.

But, when I take that code and put it into sparkiduino it works fine. So at the mo I can use it in a rather long winded fashion (although strangely I don't seem able to directly copy and paste for some reason - have to paste into word first, then copy and paste a second time (odd I know). Should I be worrying/letting you know that it won't compile and run directly, or just wait for the next release?

Thanks!
(It is still helping me teach myself and my daughters a bit of programming, so I still see this a success!)
brucew_o

Postby marajade » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:04 pm

I have the same errors as brucew_o and I also tried copying and pasting the code generated by miniBloq into Sparkiduino.

But, when I take that code and put it into sparkiduino it works fine.

Surprisingly it works :) , and I was wondering if this issue would be fixed by the next update, so that we can run Sparki just from the miniBloq?
marajade

Postby swyphcosmo » Thu May 29, 2014 9:38 pm

Just tried the new beta release. It seems that the additions were updating the Arduino Library, which fixes the TwoWire compiler errors noted by brucew_o, adding a couple examples, and updating the driver files. Is there a change log for the build in case there were other fixes?

The fix for the TwoWire issues is a little weird to me. It seems that the contents of `twi.h` and `twi.c` were copied into `SparkiWire.h` and `SparkiWire.cpp`, respectively. I fixed the compiler errors in the previous beta by adding `twi.c` to the Sparki build steps since the file was already included in the Sparki Library files (<Minibloq install dir>/libs/Arduino/Sparki/v1.0).

The build steps are found in `<Minibloq install dir>/hard/Sparki.v1.0/rel/action.020.0080.SparkiRobot.Arduino.v1.0.rel`. The following `<cmd>` block can be added inside the `<build>` block.

Code: Select all
<cmd>
    <s>"</s><s>toolsPath::</s>
    <s>/avr-gcc" -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD</s>
    <s> -mmcu=</s><s>cpu::</s>
    <s> -DF_CPU=</s><s>clockFreq::</s>
    <s> -DARDUINO=</s><s>arduinoVersion::</s>
    <s> -I"</s> <s>toolsPath::</s>
    <s>" -I"</s><s>corePath::</s>
    <s>" -I"</s><s>corePath::</s><s>/avr-libc</s>
    <s>" -I"</s><s>corePath::</s><s>/variants/</s><s>arduinoVariant::</s>
    <s>" -I"</s><s>componentPath::</s>
    <s>" -I"</s><s>outputPath::</s><s>" </s>
    <s>-I"</s><s>libsPath::</s><s>/Arduino/Sparki/v1.0" </s>

<s>"</s><s>libsPath::</s><s>/Arduino/Sparki/v1.0/twi.c" -o "</s><s>outputPath::</s><s>/twi.c.o"</s>
</cmd>
swyphcosmo

Scratch/Enchanting

Postby jhodges » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:32 am

Any chance of getting Scratch or it's robotic modification Enchanting http://enchanting.robotclub.ab.ca/tiki-index.php running on Sparki? We use it for Mindstorms and I know Arduino can run scratch so it seems like there should be a way to get that working?
THanks.
jhodges

Postby roboalchemist » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:45 pm

Its not technically unfeasible, but we don't currently have plans at this time to do so.
---
Joseph Schlesinger - ArcBotics Co-Founder/CTO
roboalchemist
Site Admin

Postby garfieldo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:54 am

I'm sure I'm being an idiot, but I can't actually work out how to actually upload the code from miniBloq into Sparki.

The best I've managed so far is to cut and paste the code into the arduino IDE.

That can't be right can it?

Thanks for your help. Well done with Sparki btw. It's great!
garfieldo

Postby garfieldo » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:43 am

Ok. I WAS an idiot.

I've got it now.

Under 'component' hit 'run'.

I found a really useful introductory guide here: http://blog.minibloq.org/2014/07/new-be ... t-and.html.

It's for a Pi bot (confusingly nothing to do with a Raspberry Pi). But it's useful anyway.

Perhaps Arcbotics could include a link to this site somewhere (you probably do already somewhere but I missed it).
garfieldo

Previous

Return to Sparki