Servo Motor Twitch @ Startup.

I’m sure you’ve all noticed that the servo twitches when Sparki is turned on. It is only minor & it’s the only issue I’ve found with Sparki so far :wink:.

Anyway, if you want your Sparki to look you straight in the eyes, one fix would be to include the line below in the setup of every sketch:

void setup() { sparki.servo(SERVO_CENTER); }

If anyone has a better way, please share. Cheers.

I think that comes from the initial reaction of the servo itself. The servos on my RC plane have the same reaction. I’m not sure there is a way to stop it.

Yeah, agree. I used to do RC years ago as well & saw it a lot. Can we put a heading lock gyro on his little eyes??? :laughing:

Yeah, that’s just a common thing RC servos do. That code works well. As to a head-locking gyro, it does have an accelerometer :wink:

That’s a great idea! Thanks!

I added it to my skeleton template… :wink:

I’ve noticed that sparki turned it’s head all the way to the right after being reset. I’m using the same code at the start of the examples to center sparki.

The grippers are the other piece of hardware that it would be useful to reset to a starting position.

Is there some way to kill the power to the servo, akin to the “Kill All” button in PoMoCo for Hexy? I’d like to modify the Sparki.cpp file to return the neck to centre then remove the drive from it, so as to conserve power and prevent “servo-shake”. I’m sure that it’s something in Servotor32.cpp, but my C++fu isn’t strong enough.

Thanks,
R