WiFi Expansion

Will there be a way to add WiFi expansion via the expansion port? Is there a specific part? It would be interesting to control Sparki via home network and master computer. This would open up a whole range of possibilities…

There is no planned supported WiFi module. You are free to try to integrate some arduino WiFi serial module, but the processing on Sparki is pretty limited (for example, I’m not sure it would support both the LCD and handle networking). We do support serial over bluetooth however, and you could write a program on a computer with bluetooth to talk between sparki and a network.

I hadn’t thought about that. I was just thinking that it would be interesting to have a controller computer that Sparki could send input data to and receive commands from. This would increase the possibilities for experimentation, since a PC doesn’t have the processing limitations that the Arduino has…

Thanks for the info!

Paul

cvpsmith, I really like the idea here. I’ll be watching to see if you figure anything out on this.