Hello Sparki

Can’t wait until mine arrives :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to get it to you! :smiley:

Will we get shipping confirmation/ tracking info?

Hope the move’s going ok!

That’s the plan. We’ve gotten a lot better at this since last time: shipping via trackable methods from now on, so no more 1-8 week random shipping times and stuck in customsness.

We just received our Sparki !!! very excited to start exploring the educational possibilities with it !

Just got mine. Hopefully, I’ll get some time to play with it over the weekend. :wink:

One issue: The ultrasonic sensor looks like it should be attached to the servo on the top, however when I opened the box it was only connected by its cable. I looked through the box carefully and could not see any broken or detached plastic piece. I tried removing the screw on the servo shaft, placing the ultrasonic assembly (UA) on the shaft and screwing it down, but there is nothing holding the UA on the servo and it appears as if there might be some interference betwen the bottom of the UA and some of the components pn the PC board.

Any suggestions?

Best wishes,
–Phil

Hi Phil,

Would it be possible for you to take a picture or two? I don’t quite understand your terminology. All units were shipped completed and assembled, so I’m not sure what would be missing.

Hi,

What’s the best way to get pictures to you? I tried emailing them support@arcbotics.com, but the email bounced. Here’s the text if that helps…

Hi,

This is regarding my (pmartel) Sparki and your request for pictures. I couldn’t find an easy way to attach them to a forum post, so I’ve sent you 3 via email.
the first shows the top of the Sparki with the ultrasonic rangefinder upside down. The second shows the servo and the third a close-up of the bottom of the rangefinder. It looks like the black plastic piece in the rangefinder’s white plastic body is a servo horn, but the diameter of the ihole is constant as if it had been drilled out. If I place the hole of the rangefinder over the servo, it sits there, but the screw does not hold it down and the rangefinder sits so low that the bottom of the plastic body would rub some of the components on the PC board.

Best wishes,
–Phil

try emailing help@arcbotics.com, the other emails don’t exist.

When are y’all going to start shipping the pre-orders from your website?

Hi Sealfish,

You can keep up to date with Sparki’s progress via our blog:
arcbotics.com/blog

Here’s our latest update on Sparki’s timeline:
arcbotics.com/2013/10/sparki-pro … -timeline/

Hello,
We just received our Sparki !!! very excited to start exploring the educational possibilities with it !

How did you receive your Sparki? We haven’t started shipping them yet.

Still waiting. It should be this week. Hopefully.

I did get a tracking email but the info doesn’t cross the border. I’m in Canada. Very eager to give Sparki a home