Unable to clear memory on Sparki

I keep getting errors saying Low memory.
I’ve tried the physical reset and I was unable to override the Sparki.h file.
Nothing is working.
Has anyone else run into this problem and corrected it?
If so how?

Thank you for your time.

If you can’t override the Sparki.h file, its probably a permission error (the editor has to be given admin rights when it launches). You can get around this by dragging the file you want to edit someplace not protected (like the desktop), editing it, then dragging it back to your program folder.

I did that and it worked for all of half an hour before it started giving me a new error message:

Arduino: 1.6.8 (Windows 8.1), Board: “ArcBotics Sparki”

C:\Program Files (x86)\SparkiDuino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino\Sparki.cpp: In member function ‘void SparkiClass::begin()’:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SparkiDuino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino\Sparki.cpp:214:11: error: ‘i2cInit’ was not declared in this scope

i2cInit(); // start up i2c for the accelerometer and magnetometer

^

exit status 1
Error compiling for board ArcBotics Sparki.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

I’m at a stand still because I need these robots to teach and they seem to only work on my personal desktop and not the class laptops.

[quote=“ProbablyACylon”]I did that and it worked for all of half an hour before it started giving me a new error message:

Arduino: 1.6.8 (Windows 8.1), Board: “ArcBotics Sparki”

C:\Program Files (x86)\SparkiDuino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino\Sparki.cpp: In member function ‘void SparkiClass::begin()’:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SparkiDuino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino\Sparki.cpp:214:11: error: ‘i2cInit’ was not declared in this scope

i2cInit(); // start up i2c for the accelerometer and magnetometer[/quote]

What changes did you make to Sparki.h? Does it work if you go back to the “stock” sparki.h / sparki.cpp?

Is the low memory warning you received initially just a warning? Is it something like:

Sketch uses 27,606 bytes (96%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28,672 bytes. Global variables use 2,042 bytes (79%) of dynamic memory, leaving 518 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,560 bytes. Low memory available, stability problems may occur.

If so, that’s probably not going to cause you an actual problem.

Also, if you can share what you’re trying to do in more detail, we might be able to provide greater assistance.

And finally, I’ll shamelessly plug my python library for educators (https://github.com/radarjd/sparki_learning) :slight_smile: I use it for the college course I teach, and it’s fairly reliable at this point.