my sparki has no ultrasonic range finder...

The wires connecting the ultrasonic range finder to the board have become unsoldered and are no longer connected…I tried to resolder but it has again come undone.

How can I reconnect them?

Is there any way I can use jumper wires to connect it instead to the expansion port, only sparki is missing an arduino pin 10 and 11, can I use any other pins for the trig and the echo?

I have had Sparki nearly a year and I suppose I do use him an awful lot…

Thanks in advance

Ash

iv tried to re solder again but had no success it isnt taking to the board probably because of my previous shoddy soldering. I know the arduino pin 3 on the expansion port could be used instead of either 10 or 11 but there isnt another appropriate pin in the expansion port.
What else can i do?
Ash

Hi Ash,

If you email help@arcbotics.com, we can get you a replacement board for your Sparki.

Hi thank you that’s an awesome offer but you know I don’t blame the company in any way and I think perhaps it will be easier simply to swap the ultrasonic range finder for a 3 pin one which are more expensive but at least sparki will have eyes again lol and I can plug that with my own wires into the expansion port using one of the analogue pins.
Thank you for your offer though you guys have always been so helpful with any problems I have had and ten months ago I didn’t know 1 thing about any of this and now I do so I’m really grateful :slight_smile:
Thanks
Ash

So I just ordered this to replace the one that became unsoldered from the board:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KBPRYNA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I don’t really know the difference between the one Sparki comes with and this one, but am I right in presuming that it won’t work the same way? In that when I used to program sparki.ping(); it immediately read the distance. Will the code for the new one be different and involve more calculations?

Any help would be great thank you

Ash

I can’t honestly say anything about that module, as I’ve never used it. I can say that it won’t run using sparki.ping, though!