Can two sparkis interact together?

Have any of you gurus out there tried to get Sparkis to interact?

Are there any sketch examples around?

I’d love to be able to come up with the code myself but it’s early days on my robotics journey (I’m still celebrating my mastery of the ‘on/off’ switch!).

Any help getting my kids’ two Sparkis interacting would be very gratefully received.

Regards to all.
Martin

There sure are examples! Try the infrared_LED example, it lets you send codes just like the remote control does. Two Sparkis can communicate with each other using these codes.

Thanks Joe.

Unfortunately I’m such a novice that I can’t actually get the infrared_LED example sketch to do anything. Is there any pre-written example anywhere I could just download onto each Sparki?

Perhaps there’s some code out there that gets Sparkis to ‘swarm’ in some way?

Thanks as ever.

We don’t have full ‘swarm’ examples, just communication. That example code will send codes that another Sparki can receive as though it were a remote control. You can try it out by loading one Sparki with the ‘Infrared_LED’ example, and another with the ‘Remote’ example. As the first one sends codes, the second one should show those codes being sent on its LCD.

Righto.

Thanks Joe. I’ll give it a go.

m.

this is very good post

Is the radio module available to buy , or an off the shelf equivalent ? The example sketch look interesting , what is the range ?

It should be shortly. We have a new batch made, we’re just waiting for the warehouse to receive them, and they should be in the store at that point. Not sure, two weeks maybe?