Sparki doesn't move?

Hello!
I just brought a new Sparki today, because I am very interested in programing and robots (little to no experience). I really look forward to learning, but I can’t seem to get my Sparki to move. I have try using the examples given, such as Remote, and Wheel.

sparki.moveRight(20)

I go into the file and type in the desire numbers such as 10 or 20, just to test it out. However Sparki doesn’t move. I have even tried defaulted Wall_avoidance, it would make a beep and the light, but not move backward when I put my hand in front of it. Everything seems to be working fine, it just wouldn’t move.

sparki.RGB(RGB_RED); // turn the light red
sparki.beep(); // beep!
sparki.moveBackward(10); // back up 10 centimeters
sparki.moveRight(30); // rotate right 30 degrees
delay(1000);

Any type of help would be awesome!
Thanks!

[quote=“Lvl1bot”]Hello!
I just brought a new Sparki today, because I am very interested in programing and robots (little to no experience). I really look forward to learning, but I can’t seem to get my Sparki to move. I have try using the examples given, such as Remote, and Wheel.

sparki.moveRight(20)

I go into the file and type in the desire numbers such as 10 or 20, just to test it out. However Sparki doesn’t move. I have even tried defaulted Wall_avoidance, it would make a beep and the light, but not move backward when I put my hand in front of it. Everything seems to be working fine, it just wouldn’t move.

sparki.RGB(RGB_RED); // turn the light red
sparki.beep(); // beep!
sparki.moveBackward(10); // back up 10 centimeters
sparki.moveRight(30); // rotate right 30 degrees
delay(1000);

Any type of help would be awesome!
Thanks![/quote]

Make sure your Sparki’s power switch is set to on. With it plugged in to USB and the power switch set to off the other components will work and the software will run but the motors do not move.

Thanks for replying! It was actually the batteries problem. :blush: