Sparki LCD component reusable?

Mission accomplished - Sparki has served me well as an intro to Arduino and I am exploring a bit further afield at the moment.

My question is can the LCD display component be used with another Arduino board such as the Uno? If so where is it documented how (pins etc)?

Strictly speaking, the answer is yes, the module is designed to be removable, and is 100% reusable on other Arduino projects. We based our code on Adafruit’s code:
adafruit.com/products/250

The module is hooked up the same way (although Sparki’s module is 5v compatible, so no level shifting needed).

That said, it took a few tries to get it working, and we’ve modified the code quite a bit since originally getting it. I remember to get it working I had to change at least a few lines in their .h file. You can compare their’s to our Sparki.h to find the differences. Otherwise, it should work just fine.

Sure enough I got it to do something. The screen renders what is passed to it mirror-reversed and offset by half a screen-length. I wonder if that sounds familiar? Will look at the sparki code.

Yup, that’s some of the settings in Sparki.h. Go compare it and you should have your answer.

the LCD is simply hardware. For anyone who is bent upon making an LCD work with another board, he’ll de-solder and re-solder the PCB is he/she has to. That’s why they give you an option of replaceable LCDs. This also helps them in being able to troubleshoot their boards when such issues arise. Now I’m interested in knowing the exact output that you got once you plugged the LCD in without changing any of the code. What did you have to change in order to make it fully functional?